No.1 Somepeople prefer planning for the future, while others argue that it is moreimportant to focus on the present. Discuss both views and give your opinion. 规划未来重要还是着眼现在重要，讨论双方观点并给出你自己的观点。
1) 计划将来使人们明确方向，有机会准备周全。(allows individuals a clear direction and the opportunity for fullpreparation)
2) 相比之下， 专注现在使人们更加实际( a more pragmatic approach)，只有这样才能实现未来计划。
3) 专注在现在在某种程度上比计划将来更加重要，因为它是基础( concentrating on current and constant improvements is thefoundation on which a better future resides)。
明确方向，有机会准备周全a clear direction and the opportunity for full preparation
更加实际a more pragmatic approach
专注现在concentrating on current and constant improvements
长远的发展a long-term development
No.2 Somepeople think that the range of technology available to individuals isincreasing the gap between rich countries and poor countries，while others hold theopposite opinion. What is your opinion?一些人认为科技导致贫富国差异越来越大，另外一些人持否定态度，你的观点是什么?
不是钱而是科技缺乏导致贫困 it is not money but technology that drives prosperity. 更甚，科技的缺乏使贫困无法摆脱。 poverty is driven and sustained by a lack of technology.
technologycan be used as a tool of oppression. 一个国家的科技进步(technological advancement) 使之对贫困国家的自然资源进行掠夺(has allowed it to exploit natural resources)。富国的人才资本积累(the accumulation of intellectual capital) 使差距拉大(broaden this gap)， 因为他们控制了先进的技术 because ithas enabled them to control technology
人才资本积累the accumulation of intellectual capital
掠夺自然资源exploit natural resources
科技可以是掠夺资源的工具 technology can be used as a tool of oppression
差距拉大broaden the gap
No.3 Some people think that it is acceptable to useanimals in medical research for the benefit of human beings, while other peopleargue that it is wrong. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.动物药物试验是否可以接受?
1) 有助于医疗的发展 To begin with, animal experimentation plays a vital role infostering the advancement of healthcare, especially for the development of newdrugs in pharmaceutical industry.
2) 可以降低实验成本Using animals in medical research can reduce the cost of experimentation
3) 承认人们没有权利剥削动物,但政府可以设定相关条约来把降低伤害。Of course, animals should have all the same rights as humanbeings and human are not entitled to exploit animals for their own interests.However, the governments can set standard for the animal testing so the numberof animals and their suffering can be considerably reduced.
制药工业 pharmaceutical industry
有权做某事 be entitled to do something
No.4 Some people think there are not many things individuals cando to resolve environmental problems, while the others believe that in order totackle environmental problems individuals also need to take actions. Discussboth views and give your opinion.个人是否应该采取行动解决环境问题
1) 环境问题与每个人都有关联(havea close relation with every single person on this planet)，比如如果水资源被污染了(contaminated)，生活就会受到影响
2) 个人能做的事情很多，比如垃圾分类(classifyinggarbage)，改变出行方式(alteringmodes of transport)
政府应当承担起解决环境问题的重任(takethe responsibility for addressing environmental problems)，因为个人的力量是渺小的(minimalcontribution individuals can make to tackle the issues)。
消耗自然资源consume/deplete natural resources